Thursday, November 15, 2007

When it rains....it pours!

Cole and I were getting all better...so we thought. I guess Monday, Cole was coughing ALL night long. I hardly got any sleep. Tuesday night he didn't sleep well at ALL. Wednesday morning he slept in until 7:00 when I woke him. Sure enough...fever...102. Justin was hunting and by that time it was 7:30 and I hadn't even called school about a sub. I took him to daycare and ended up getting a sub quickly & we stayed home.

Around 4pm, his right eyelid swelled almost shut...the doctor said he thought it was a skin infection of the eye due to sinus problems & prescribed an antibiotic because, it could be serious. (Did I mention I woke up with pink eye also?)

Today we went to the doctor(s)...yes...I have pink eye...yes Cole STILL has an ear infection and sinus issues. SO...now we have antibiotics & decongestant for him and an eye drop for me.

On the way home, we stopped at Marketstreet to get my medicine. Cole was inconsolable in the carseat, so I took him out to feed him while Justin ran in. Cole coughed and gagged and then threw up a little. I stood him up and put him over my shoulder to ease the strain on his tummy...but he PROJECTILE vomitted all over the back seat of the car. I was amazed at myself for not flinching or vomitting myself. He did that twice...and all over me. I rode home from WF in nothing but my skivvies and a jacket on. NICE...

The week can only get better...right?

2 comments:

The Stanford Family said...

Oh, I am so sorry! I hate it when they are sick. My heart just breaks. I hope that both of you are on the road to recovery.

The Gann Clan said...

We missed you so much this weekend! I wish you could have been here. I hope you guys get better soon though especially before Thursday! Love you!