Wednesday, December 5, 2007

First real boo boo

Last night Cole got his first real ouchie. Justin and I were making supper and Cole was playing in the kitchen with us. He usually get's into his cabinet with plates & bottles so he feels like he's "getting into" something. He loves to stand up next to the water dispenser too.

I have some aprons hanging from a cappucinno maker that sits on top of the fridge. Somehow he reached the apron string & was pulling on it. The next thing I know...in slow motion, the cappucinno maker falls--hits the water dispenser (thank God, because it made it slow down)--bounces off & hits Cole on the head. He sat there & started WAILING. I grabbed him up and passed him to Justin as i hid behind a door & covered my ears as Justin checked him out. He has a big scratch on his head and a small bump.

He was pretty fussy last night...but slept well. I called the doctor & he said as long as he wasn't knocked unconsious...he was probably ok. Justin checked on him about midnight and he woke up (we had to do this...per the doctor). No vomitting...he's fine!

It was soooo scary!!! The first of many ouchies!!! (i'll get a picture up soon!)

0 comments: